Friday, June 27, 2008

Disney, You Never Cease to Make me Proud

I've been going to Disney World since I was 4 years old. I still remember (well, probably more like I can envision it and therefore believe I can remember) seeing Cinderella Castle peeking over the trees and how excited we all were to be in the happiest place on earth. From that moment on we were addicted, and have been going to Disney World religiously ever since. I think it was probably my father's favorite, for various reasons. He loved seeing how happy it made me as a child, but Disney is a lot of fun for the big kids too. And my daddy was definetly a big kid.

We have a lot of stock in Disney. We are very invested in the company in many ways, including the time share, annual passes, etc. etc. Something devastating happens to the company, so much for our financial security. That's why I am overjoyed when a brilliant Disney movie comes out, because it means that the company is still staying alive.

When Nemo came out I breathed a sigh of relief, because the company hadn't had a really great blockbuster since they stopped hand drawing.

When Disney and Pixar split up, I thought it was the end of the world.

When Michael Isner stepped down as CEO, I had my pitchfork ready for him. I've come to forgive him for all the horrible mistakes he made as CEO, but I still have some strong words for him if I were ever to meet him. Very strong words.

When Disney bought Pixar back at the end of last year for somewhere in the neighbourhood of 4 billion, I fainted, was roused by concerned friends, asked them if it was really true, and fainted again.

4... billion... dollars...

When I came to, and learned of all the movie plans Disney and Pixar had for the future, I was pleased, but still a little queasy.

So today, when I saw Wall-E, I was ecstatic. This movie is on the scale of Finding Nemo, which was extraordinary. I see Wall-E doing great things for this company, just like Nemo did. Nemo brought it back to life, hopefully Wall-E can give it that extra boost.

I definetly recommend seeing Wall-E, bring the kids, bring the friends, bring the whole bunch. Everyone will get something out of this movie, young and old. The soundtrack is very good too. It's a great, wholesome yet hilarious movie that I guarentee will be a Disney classic.

No comments: