Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Another Weird Dream

I think something may be wrong with my sleeping habits, or maybe it's because my diet is weird since it's summer and I'm not eating the crap they serve us in the cafeteria that drains us of our souls. I have been having such weird dreams lately. Inexplicable weird dreams. They make very little sense and have next to nothing to do with the things that are on my mind at this point in time.

So I'll tell ya about what I dreamt of last night/this morning. I only ever remember the dreams I have in the few hours before I wake up, but I'm pretty sure I dream the entire night.

So the dream I had was just too weird for words. Really. There were a bunch of people somewhere, I assume it was earth but I could be completely incorrect. The people included me, my family, several of my friends from college, their families, their significant others (people whom I've never met and who I am relatively certain don't exist...), and a bunch of other people who I most likely made up.

In any event, wherever we were was being invaded by creatures from another world. If you've seen the Narnia movies they looked a lot like the goblins and witches/hags whatever. At one point in my dream, the most vivid point, we were all hauled up in a room, hiding out from the invaders. One of them knocked on the door, and of course being the polite person I am, the door opened for them (no different in dream land than in real life) and they stood in the doorway. It was like some deformed old hag with a creepy voice and all that jazz. She stood there, and very explicity asked for one of my friends, by name. I immediately stood up and said absolutely not, get out of here, started screaming at her and throwing her out. So she left, and everyone went back to doing whatever it was that they were doing. No one cared that I had just saved my friend's life, not even my friend. She was too busy doting over her much older boyfriend, who was old enough to be her father. I remember being very confused, and then waking up and being extremely confused.

I think it has something to do with the fact that this particular friend is thinking seriously about transferring. It would break my heart and many other hearts at school if she did. Someone needs to convince me that I can't save everybody, maybe then I can have normal dreams about puppies and kittens and clouds.

No comments: