Sunday, September 21, 2008

Why?

My mom's boss moved to CT with her family a few days ago, to a house nearby actually, which is nice because she doesn't know anybody around here, her whole family lives out west and so we can be a kind of surrogate family for her, her husband and her two little kids. They came to visit today, it was the first time I was meeting any of them, and it was a very good time.

It was nice being with the kids today, they're 5 and 4 I believe. The little girl, who is five, explained to me that they moved to this country from another country (she meant state, but it was adorable).

We were playing with licoln logs on the patio in the sunlight this afternoon, and there were a bunch of mosquitos. I shooed a mosquito away from her face and she said "Why would God make mosquitos?"

It was probably the most profound thing I've ever heard from a five year old, or from any person for that matter. I don't know why God made mosquitos, all I know is they are annoying and have to be tolerated, because God did make them, just like S/He made everything.

I don't know why God made mosquitos.

No comments: