Saturday, September 27, 2008

Ignore the Raving Insomniac

I want to disappear to a world where I'm not stuffed in a 12 by 14 cell. A world where I don't have to share a bathroom with sixty billion other people. A world where I can't hear people having sex inches away from my head. A world where bottles and cans recycle themselves, where I don't have to choose between clean clothes or dinner that night, where the shades are always up and the curtains are always parted. The sun is always shining and there are never spooky things in the woods. There are no research papers, no theses to invent. Huckleberry Finn is forever floating down the Mississippi with Jim and we never have to have a classroom discussion on the matter.

Someone stole one of my spoons. I have four normal sized spoons and four soup spoons, and now I have three normal sized spoons.

I had a lovely day of shopping and running between the rain drops, but I think it's pretty clear that I've been cooped up for too long. But it's 1 am... and I've no one to go for a walk with me because campus is dead right now. If I still smoked I could just go for a walk with my cigarettes and my thoughts and no one would think I was crazy for walking around in the middle of the night by my lonesomes.

All they play on television at this hour are commercials for hippie music, but they never play the whole song, which is upsetting.

College makes me an insomniac. I really like Carly Simon.

No comments: