Wednesday, September 24, 2008

To The Stars

The best part of living in the sticks: you never want for stars.

I drove back to campus with my sunroof open, my windows rolled down, and the stars lighting my way home.

It was very nice to see my niece and nephew tonight. For the better part of the evening I had one on each arm, curled up next to me in a chair watching a movie. I do love them a lot, and I want them to have the best lives they possibly can.

My sister's mother (she's my half sister) made me a necklace with a rainbow bead (she makes beads out of glass, they're very very cool). Considering she only found out that I'm gay at most a week ago, I am impressed at how expeditiously she works. And also very touched that she thought of me to make a bead.

I'm very pleased with the way things turned out. No one cares, which is exactly what I wanted to happen. Things with the madre are very good, better than when she didn't know. Things are just normal, which is so so so nice.

It's 10:30 and I am passing out after the longest day evah.

No comments: