Saturday, September 20, 2008

Tattoos



This is the tattoo I am getting hopefully within the week in Boston or whenever I have the opportunity to come home next (which is up in the air, since I'm coming out to my mom between now and tomorrow evening, and I have 3/4 of the weekends in October booked).

My quest for my next tattoo began with this:

Only in place of the Earth in the centre I would have a peace sign. I went to the tattoo place today and they priced it at around $300 ($150 per hour) and at about the size of putting your index fingers and thumbs together in the shape of a circle (unless you have freakishly long or short fingers). My mom was horrified, mostly, because she doesn't want me getting a tattoo that big or that expensive (at least in one sitting). "Professional women aren't supposed to have visible tattoos." IN ANY EVENT after I cooled down after that comment I went back to the interwebz and looked around.

That butterfly tattoo is brilliant and I love it. I think it will serve the purpose I want it to serve, as a rememberance to my father that isn't just "Daddy" or something to that effect. I need to get some prices around school, but I have the "ok" from the madre so I'm going to look into getting it in the near future.

I'm not really a butterfly girl, so to speak, but I'm also not a dragon girl. I think that particular butterfly design is very tasteful and really neat, I just need to work on what colours I want them to be and the exact placement (on my right shoulderblade/shoulder). I can't wait to play lacrosse this year and be the person knocking chicks around with the pretty butterfly tattoo.

But I am getting a peace sign/rainbow themed tattoo at some point in the near future.

2 comments:

Landlady of Fat said...

Oh wow I LOVE the butterflies!

Rachel said...

I knowww they're so cool!! But I keep changing my mind and rethinking what I want to get. My first tattoo was so simple because I knew I wanted it, exactly where I wanted it and why, and that was that. Getting one for my father is a lot more difficult, I might hold off on them for a while though and rework what I am getting in remembrance of my father. But the butterflies are really cool!