Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Rachel the Wonder Lemur

Sometimes I like to skip.

Sometimes I like to pretend I'm a lemur who switches from skipping on one side, to the other side, in mid air.

And sometimes, more often then not, I end up falling on the ground.

Usually when I get the brilliant idea to skip like a lemur, I'm on the linoleum in my kitchen, or on the grass outside.

Nope, not tonight. Tonight I decided I was a lemur in the mail room at school, skipping in between the rows of mail boxes.

And I fell, hard, on the ground. Which is totally fine, I fall all the time.

But I landed on my left hand, i.e. my left wrist.

I tore a ligament in my left wrist last year (when I couldn't move my wrist/hand/fingers for just over two weeks and then decided I should go to the doctor) when I was knocked over by a friend of mine when we were wrestling in the hallway. I still remember my RD taking me to one side the next day at lunch when she saw me wincing in pain and telling me she was emailing my professors and telling them I was going to the hospital to get checked out. Several ex rays and one visit to a bone doctor later they discovered I had a torn ligament. Which is cool, it doesn't really matter in most people and it tends to happen in old age, but I play the violin, and lacrosse, and stuff. And I'm 19, not some old lady walking around falling apart at the seams.

So I'm cradling my left hand right now, hoping that the swelling dies down so I can sleep tonight. The feeling should come back in an hour, and I'm supposed to have it in a brace right now, but I can't find it.

But I'm still a freakin awesome lemur.

No comments: