Monday, June 16, 2008

Pull Shapes

So I hate my job... and I may or may not be forced into quitting. I went back today to see if I could get any hours this week and my manager was chastising me for not "reminding" her that I was going on vacation. I told her I was going to be on vacation June 7-14 (Saturday-Saturday) on the Wednesday before I left. That wasn't good enough? She had a pad of paper and a pen in her hand, she couldn't write it down?

In any event, she told me I have to pick my check up from the district manager, so I'm going to go do that in a little while. While I'm out, though, I'm going to be filling out applications for other places. I heard the Borders at the mall near my house is hiring, and that job would be just so perfect I can't even stand it! I could do a backflip thinking about how awesome that would be.

I'm also going to get back to writing. I haven't really written much since the beginning of the school year (I had a good deal of free time first semester, and what wasn't spent shotgunning beer or drinking whiskey straight from the bottle was spent writing/studying). I'd like to get something published. I mean, I was published in the literary magazine in high school and more recently the the magazine in college (and a poetry book of young writers across America in 5th grade, super proud of that one), but I'd love to be published in a "real" magazine or collection of short stories. Something like that. If I made some money off of it, all the better, right?

For right now, though, almost all is right with the world. Almost all, anyway, I still have to go talk to the district manager and sound like an ass (per usual).

The seniors from my alma mater graduate tomorrow night!! It's enough to bring a tear to my eye. I wish them all the best of luck in whatever route they pursue. It's a big scary world out there, but as long as there are people who care about you in it then it's not so bad.

And I'm going to MA this week to visit some incredible people and possibly get my lacrosse on!! I haven't played lacrosse since May (sadly), if I could I'd play 24 hours a day. As soon as the pool is open, though, I'll be doing some serious swimming. I wish there were more hours in the day, and that employment was less necessary to detract from the awesome of summer. Le sigh.

Oh, and the reasoning behind the title of this blog... I'm addicted to "Pull Shapes" by the Pipettes. My lovely roommate thinks it's hilarious that the lyrics "dance with me pretty boy tonight" can very often be found in my away message. If she thinks that's funny, she should see me spinning around my house singing the song over and over again. Quite a sight to be seen. It really is an addicting song though.

No comments: