Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Just Another Manic... Tuesday?

I woke up this morning around 10 and my mother was still around the house. In fact it was she, walking into my room and dropping a hamper on my bed (exactly where my legs were, thanks mom) who woke me up. "Is it Sunday?" I mumbled almost incoherently. She laughed and said "Yeah, you slept for a whole week" and then proceeded to tell me about how her front axel fell apart this morning in the driveway so it was in the garage and she couldn't get to work. Bullshit, my car is sitting in the driveway, if she really wanted to get there she totally could have. But I'm glad she didn't because, for some reason, I always seem to have more fun when that crazy madre of mine is around.

So I said I was going to quit my job and well... I'm not. I got my pay check today and I discovered how much I really like money. I have to go talk to my boss about putting me on the schedule again. Blah... I'm not very good at grovelling... sadly. But whatever, such is life.

So I went to visit my pal Rob today at his college, we had lunch, discussed quitting smoking/quitting my job/nature, things like that.

My friends and I also decided that we will be going camping on the cape in a few weeks, also. I'm VERY excited about that, but I hope it happens (with work schedules and all). Le sigh, things were so much simpler when we were younger.

So I took the madre to the garage and she got her car, $2,000 later. We also opened the pool today and it's awesome. I haven't been in it yet but it looks really good.

So it was a pretty good day, a pretty busy day. I'm going on a bike ride with my best friend in a little while. I love taking bike rides with her cause, well, we're best friends and it's just awesome. We get to be all bikey and talky and ridey and things like that.

And I love sitting on the swings with her when we arrive at our destination (which is usually the playground of our old elementary school) and talking about everything in the world. She's pretty amazing, that best friend o'mine. I'm incredibly lucky to have the people in my life who I do have in my life. They truly are gifts.

No comments: