Thursday, October 23, 2008

Music



I'm pretty sure that's the most beautiful thing I've seen in a long time.












No more beautiful than this of course



That's the love of my life, Hillary Hahn. She looks so brooding in this picture, I love it.

I haven't picked up my mandolin in a shamefully long time, but every time I play after a long gap of time where I haven't played, my fingers always find their way to the right notes. I always play my violin (which doesn't make it any less meaningful than my mandolin, but I taught myself how to play the mandolin, something I only half did with the violin). There is nothing in life more wonderful than music.

I don't care much for Nietzsche, but when he said "Without music, life would be a mistake" he really hit the nail on the head.

No comments: