Thursday, October 16, 2008

Homecoming

The interwebz and or a pen and paper will be my only form of communication for a few days, I think.

Tonight was homecoming and I screamed and shouted and cheered myself hoarse. All the fall sports were represented, and all the girls from lacrosse were there and we took tons of pictures and it was fantastic.

But now I can't speak without sounding like a frog. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that it's almost 2 in the morning, I'm just getting into my room now after spending the last almost 8 hours wandering around campus, from work to dinner to homecoming and finally to my friends' dorm where we sat around and talked and laughed for almost five hours straight.

Oh and get this. They gave raffle tickets out for people who bought homecoming t-shirts and for simply attending homecoming (I did both of these things). The grand prize was an iPod touch, AND MY RAFFLE TICKET WAS ONE NUMBER OFF!! How ridiculous is that!! Gahhhhhh!!! Whatever, knowing me I would never have been able to figure out how to work the damn thing anyway and it would just end up in a drawer collecting dust.

I hope my voice is back by the morning when I have to get up for my 10:30. But at least I only have one more class and then WEEKEND!!

I'm driving out to the cape this weekend and meeting the madre in Middleborough and then we're driving together to Ptown because we both love Ptown, and we crave calamari. No lie at all, there is a place called The Patio in Ptown that has THE BEST calamari I've ever had in my life, and I've been to Italy. I don't know if it will be open this time of the year, but as I understand it, Ptown basically closes down at the end of October, which is rapidly approaching (as scary as it is). I simply can't last the remained of the fall and the entire winter without one last little Ptown excursion. It should only take about two hours to get out there.

And then I come back here to run more homecoming activities because I'm so doubled up on clubs/being in the athletic department that I have royally screwed myself over for potentially my only free weekend for the next month. The athletic department badgers me into doing busy work for them and then all of my clubs seem to somehow overlap each other, so I can never just be present at an event and enjoy life. I've got to run around like a crazy person. I don't know why I do these things to myself. Because it's fun, right? Yeah.

It is fun, no lie. I'm having a great time :-)

No comments: