Monday, October 13, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving Canada!

Today is Canadian Thanksgiving, and tomorrow they elect their new leaders.

I can't say as though I'm up to date on Canadian politics, but from what I understand the great white north isn't doing much better than we in the States are right now.

In any event, it's Thanksgiving and there is so so so much to be thankful for. Great family, good food, a roof over our heads, the ability to see each other, to know we love each other.

I am looking forward to getting back to school though, despite all the work that is growing in huge piles all around me. It was very nice to get away from the chaos for a while, but I'm ready to go back.

I'm kind of sad because I don't know when the next time I'll be going home is. My best friend called me about a week ago asking when I was going home so she could plan accordingly and I had to tell her honestly I don't know. The next time might be as far away as winter break. I'll be in D.C. for our Thanksgiving holiday, and all the weekends between now and winter break seem to be filling themselves with concerts and day trips and work work work.

I do miss home, as much as I'm used to the dorm and have re-adjusted to the chaos of college life. There is no cat to curl up on my chest, and no dog to lay at my feet. And the novelty of same-sex marriage has warn off in Massachusetts, I wish I were in Connecticut to see how all this is playing out. I wish soooo badly that I had been there last Friday. But at least I can say I'm from Connecticut, one of the free states.

2 comments:

Ki said...

Hi.

Well, I stumbled here and I gotta say, hell, you know more about Canada than I do and I live here-there. Whatever.

T.T

Rachel said...

I feel like it may be easier to follow what's going on in Canada when I live in the U.S. and I have relatives in Canada sort out the information for me and just tell me all the stuff they think is important :-P