Sunday, November 16, 2008

Little Plastic Castles



Ani Difranco rocked my socks clean off my feet (yes, I was wearing shoes, I know what is becoming of my life??!) tonight at Symphony Hall. It is now 1 am and I only just got back to campus. The t was basically packed with family both to and from the concert, which only added to the joy of this weekend for me.

Ani did not, however, play my favorite song "Angry Anymore" which made me ruther disgruntled. But I'll forgive her because she is an amazing musician (and she has a damn sexy drummer, that's right Allison I'm talking about you don't think I didn't catch your name girl).

Oh Boston, I love you so so so very much. Boston and East Jesus Nowhere Hole in the Wall, Connecticut, home to the great times of my youth. I, sadly, do not have any upcoming concert plans to look forward to (I'm waiting for Melissa Etheridge to go back on tour because I would bascially kill fight or die to see Melissa in concert). I'll keep you posted on the concert scene. The next thing in my upcoming events is the Harvey Milk movie coming out December 5. I'm bringing the entire gsa and company.

I feel so good right now, about everything. I got a lot of stuff off my chest tonight that has been bugging for a good long time and now I don't have it on my conscience anymore and it feels great.

Well, I was up at 7:30 this morning because I had to play el violin at mass (which was hilariously full of antics including knocking an amp over and making a huge gong like ringing sound echoing throughout the entire chapel) and I am super sleepy right now. I probably definitely did not do justice to the glory that is Ani Difranco, but rest assured I love her dearly and had the time of my life tonight (but I have the time of my life everywhere I go).

Sweet dreams world.

I recognized your silhoutte
As you walked out of the sun and sat down
And the sight of your sleepy smile eclipsed all the other people
As they paused to sneer at the two girls from out of town


No comments: