Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Don't Loose the Dreams Inside Your Head

There is a family of deer living in the woods behind my dorm. When I'm walking across the parking lot late at night, I see them on the grass and in the trees munching on the grass. I can't tell if I've seen a male or not (I'm nearsighted), or if they are two females and a baby. The little one isn't very little, but he's young. It's comforting to come home to them in the yard on the nights which are becoming progressively colder. It's kind of like, even when I am alone in the middle of the night in academia, I'm not really alone. They're very beautiful and I hope they stay warm.

I'm pretty thrilled with how my week has been going. On Sunday when I got back from the concert I searched desperately for my sickest friends and counted out how many of my allergy pills I could take before I needed to be hospitalized so I might be terribly ill, but not die. Then I tried to determine how much cherry coke I would have to drink in order to stay awake for four days straight. Of course, I'm totally kidding about all of this. I just really didn't want this week to exist and I bitched and moaned about it a lot.

But all my work has gotten done, I've taken two exams, handed in a five page paper (which I wrote while watching Wall-E and Heathers with my friends in a very noisy lounge, so mad props to me), gone to the gym, and managed to get eight hours of sleep every night.

Tonight they're doing a competition at my school for the college's funniest videos. My entry comes from last year when, during a night of complete boredom, my friend and I danced and sang along to the song "Let's Get Fucked Up." My RD saw it on youtube last year and emailed me over spring break. After I awoke from the coma that put me in, I emailed her back and asked if I should even bother coming back to school. Luckily, Jess thought it was the funniest thing she'd seen in a long time, and this year she wouldn't let me not enter it in the competition. I hope we win!!

We had Thanksgiving dinner here last night (it was DELICIOUS) it was sooooo good to have a good meal for once. When everyone was eating I said "God bless us, every one," just cause I'm a goof and some chick goes "wrong holiday." Who the hell says that? Maybe it is from Charles Dickens A Christmas Carol but let's be real; I can say "God bless us, everyone one" any time I want. I wasn't referencing Dickens, I was simply saying "God bless us." Is it a crime to wish that God would bless my friends and I? It made me a little disgruntled.

I really don't want to go to DC for Thanksgiving. I wish I could just stay home and hang out with my friends. I haven't seen my best friend since August and the way things are going, I probably won't be seeing her until December. It'll be a nice little break though, I think everybody around here could use it.

It's too cold to be outside, which is sad. I hope it's warmer in DC, but I'm not expecting any miracles.

Take care out there!

No comments: