Monday, October 27, 2008

The Great Pumpkin



I feel like the last time I carved a pumpkin was probably when I lived in Hartford, just nearing on a million years ago now. I have lots of great Hartford stories, but no great pumpkin stories.

That was a great pumpkin reference for Peanuts fans. I never understood why Marcy always called Peppermint Patty "Sir." It sends me into a fit of giggles every time I think about it.

Anywho, so I carved a pumpkin tonight. The reason I haven't carved a pumpkin in so long probably has something to do with the fact that you end up with pumpkin seeds and pumpkin mush all up to your armpits. It's wicked gross, I basically ran back and forth between the bathroom and the pumpkin carving area every single time I picked a handful of mush out of the pumpkin. I can't stand that sticky gross feeling, gives me the heeby jeebies just thinking about it. I'll be smelling like pumpkins for weeks, yum. My pumpkin started out as a cat that evolved into several other things as the evening progressed and my mind wandered further and further into the gutter. I would put up a picture but I am quite ashamed as to how it turned out, and some things are better left in the gutter.

Happy pumpkin carving and apple cider drinking and corn maze wandering season!!!

No comments: