Friday, August 22, 2008

Pushing the Town Away

It's not September 1 yet...

I keep promising myself that I'm not wishing my life away... but I so am... Cause I just want it to be college so badly right now!!

College is the ULTIMATE vacation, none of this relaxing bullshit or people dressed up in mouse costumes or laying around doing nothing. College is just so freakin cool!!

You wake up when you want (or when you have to, if you're one of THOSE types who actually goes to class), you eat what you want, you hang out with whomever you want to, and you do whatever you feel like doing in your free time.

Your mom isn't going to catch you sneaking into the dorm at 2 am. You don't even have to sneak! Nobody cares!

You can sleep outside if you want to (though I wouldn't recommend it, and it definetly depends on where you go to school). Laying out on the hill in front of my school is my absolute favorite thing to do. Just lay on the grass and watch the stars.

You're only in class for a few hours a day, and then when you're not, the time is yours. Study if you want, go to the gym if you want, go to practice if you want, or be like me and go to the mall.

No but in all seriousness, I'm a straight A student, and I take my instrument and my sport pretty seriously. I'm the kid who lives in the computer room until 2 am every morning (see Ma, I was only sneaking into the house after studyinggg). But I'm damn proud of my ability to balance school, music, sports, and a really freakin awesome social life.

I miss my friends, I miss my life. I'm beyond excited about getting back to school. I'm also really excited because the courses I'm taking are more in-depth. I really really REALLY love the things that I'm learning, and I can't wait to learn more. I want to know everything there is to know about everything! Except maybe not, some mystery is always good I s'pose.

I'm pretty upset that Kathy Griffin wasn't on last night, pretty upset indeed. I had a tea party with my friends (like we do almost every Thursday when we watch Kathy) and everything, and then... no Kathy. The Cho Show was on, though, and it paled in comparison to Kathy, but Margaret Cho is a pretty funny chick.

Rob (bgbf) wants to dress in drag on Monday. And go out in public. Like... he wants to wear a dress and heels, and he wants me to wear a "nice boy outfit." I'm pretty much completely in love with this idea, except for the fact that we know most of the people in our town, and they know us, and people love to talk in our town. It should be interesting in any event, we'll see if it actually happens.

My best friend goes back to school (to band camp LOL) on this coming Wednesday and we (my other two best friends and I) are planning on visiting her, cause she has some kind of fancy pants apartment type thing. And we're all starved for college and would kill fight or die for even a little taste right about now.

9 days?!?!?! I think yes!

No comments: