Wednesday, November 4, 2009

To Whom It May Concern

If you're reading this right now, I mean anyone at all, whether you've commented on my blog before or if you're just passing through...

I have a question for you.

If I moved to Canada, would that be giving up and admitting defeat?

I love my country, my country that hates me. I love Canada too, but it's not my home.

I'm giving strong consideration to finishing off undergrad, applying to graduate programs in Canada and applying for permanent residence in Canada.

Is that giving up?

Please, I need an objective opinion. You may not know me (though if you read my blog, you certainly know a great deal about me), and you may not care to know me, but I need you advice, as an objective party.

Thanks in advance.

- Rachel

4 comments:

Landlady of Fat said...

Stay and fight.

Fight hard.

We need you. :)

Anonymous said...

Tina, I don't even know you, but THANK YOU! As Rachel's girlfriend and hopefully her future wife, I really don't want to move to Canada. I would rather stay in good old New England, and go to P-Town and Northampton whenever possible, and keep fighting. :)

Rachel, I love you, but don't flee to the north. Way too much snow. ;)

Landlady of Fat said...

Awww -- anytime!! Move to Connecticut! You guys can get married here!

In the meantime we can help fight for all the other states!

Rachel said...

Thanks for the advice Tina. I love America, and as much as it pains me to say it (hah) I love CT. We'll have to get together some time in the Nutmeg state :)

And Hill, there can never be enough snow :D I would miss P-town and Boston and NYC too much to leave the New England area, I think. I just can't stand being slapped in the face with being a second-class citizen. It hurts, you know? It's just not fair. Toronto and Montreal aren't that far away, and Canada is a free country. I've got a while to figure it out anyway. I just can't put up with being defeated over and over again.