Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Maine... I Can't Believe You!

Epic fail in Maine yesterday. And across the country, as far as I'm concerned.

How can we continue to deny an entire population our rights as human beings, our ability to live freely and pursue happiness?

How can the Catholic Church throw MILLIONS of dollars into the hands of BIGOTS, when there are hungry who need to be fed and naked who need to be clothed? HOW CAN THIS BE?

What the HELL is going on in this world and why the HELL are gay people so scary??

Just because we want to be happy too?? Is that why we're scary??

Well a big F YOU to Maine and everyone who threw their money at the bigots and everyone who voted against equality, because gay people have money too, and we WON'T be spending it in your effing state. We'll go to Vermont, or Massachusetts, or Connecticut, or New Hampshire, or Iowa, or Canada, where freedom rings and rings and rings and won't be silenced.

We WON'T be silenced. Last summer was the LAST time I paid a visit to Maine, the absolute LAST time. I'm never going back to Maine until EVERYONE is equal and until my rights are as important and valued as any heterosexual.

I'm so angry I could just about spit.

2 comments:

Landlady of Fat said...

100% agreed.

It's absolutely shameful.

Rachel said...

I'm almost more angry about Maine than I was about California. I'm not even in the country right now and I'm absolutely ripshit, I can't imagine what it must be like to be home right now.

Let's just hope that no one mentions popular vote in Connecticut (in reference to basic human and civil rights).

This just sucks so much.