Monday, December 15, 2008

Bigger Than Me

Life is amazing to me. Seeing my little niece of nephew up on that monitor today, wiggling his or her little arms and legs, his or her little heart pounding away, definitely gave me a different perspective. We're so small, and yet so significant.

I can't wait for the little one to be here, to see the little hands and feet I saw up on that monitor, to hold those little hands.

Everything has been so overwhelming lately. School work is consuming my life, exams will be over on Thursday and then the semester ends and winter break begins. Home for a month of searching for work, hanging out with my friends, and missing Hillary. I've never experienced anything that feels like this before, and it's all so overwhelming. She looks in my eyes and I know she is sincere, and I can see that she can see that I probably definitely love her. I feel so vulnerable, but I like it.

It scares me that she is a senior, and that we live in different states, and that she will be graduating and going to graduate school and forgetting about the girl she is leaving behind. I don't think she will forget about me, though, because I know I won't forget about her. She makes me smile so big, and laugh so much. She holds my hand in front of her friends, she listens to what I have to say about my life, she can hear the joy and the pain, and she holds me and suddenly everything melts away and it's just life, and it's just love.

This love thing is so much bigger than me.

3 comments:

Me. Here. Right now. said...

It's great...and scary. I hope it all turns out the way you want.

Queers United said...

love can and does consume out being <3

Rachel said...

Hahn - So far so good. We live really far apart so winter break is going to be sad but this feels real. She's a great person, and it's definitely a great feeling.

Queers - I've never been in love (romantically) before, that I am aware of, and this feeling is definitely very consuming, but so so so nice. I'm super lucky :)