Friday, November 7, 2008

I Wonder

I wonder if God sees what His book has caused down here.

I wore my "marriage is so gay" t-shirt today, I think it's appropriate right about now. One of my professors (who has seen me wear it before) asked me if they passed Prop 8, and I told her yes, and I also told her about Florida and Alabama, to which she replied "Things like this make me glad to be from the Northeast."

And I guess that's what it comes down to. The mentalities in the different regions of our country are so incredibly different. I've never lived anywhere besides Connecticut or Massachusetts, I've never been taught anything other than "think for yourself."

There has to be a way to convince the residents of the rest of this country to think for themselves, to not simply rely on what they are told by biased sources.

Besides, why should the church (the meaning any) care who anyone marries? We're not living in biblical times anymore, where a man and a woman NEEDED to "marry" (poligamy was allowed, rape and incest were perfectly fine, sounds a lot like mormonism hmmm...) in order to procreate, lest the dwindling number of monotheists would have been killed off and their message would have been lost. Today, we don't need to procreate in order to spread a message, we have access to limitless sources of informations, both biased and unbiased, with which to form our own opinions.

So it all boils down to hate. Maybe their mentality is "if we constantly remind them of their 'sin' they will stop being 'sinners'."

Probably more accurately "Maybe if we constantly remind them of their 'sin' no one will see how sinful we are."

No comments: