Thursday, October 9, 2008

Holiday Road

I have work 5-8 tonight, but as soon as I'm done there I'm getting in the car and going to a hotel.

We leave for Logan at 5 am tomorrow morning. I'm not exactly sure when the flight is, but I know it's pretty much insane to be up and functional at that hour.

I believe we stop in Toronto, which is weird because usually when we go we go through Montreal. I don't really mind because I think Quebecers are kind of stuck up (mon mauvais if you are from Quebec) and I don't really like that airport, but I do know my way around very well. I will be completely lost in Toronto, but it's all about the experience.

I think we're on a legitimate plane from Boston to Toronto, usually we have to take puddle jumpers all the way to Canada and then they put us on a real plane from Montreal to St. John's.

I've been having to show everyone where exactly Newfoundland is, because whenever anyone in this part of the country thinks of Canada they think of Montreal, or Toronto. Anything beyond Quebec and Ontario is too foreign.

The province of Newfoundland and Labrador is the furthest North east Canadian province. St. John's is the capital of Newfoundland, and just outside the city is the easternmost point in North American, which is pretty cool (lots of WWI stuff).

This is a pretty long break for me (and I can totally use it). It will be great to have real food on Monday for Thanksgiving, catch up with the fam, spend some quality time with the madre. It'll be chilly though, and I don't really care for the cold.

I'm very excited. As soon as 8 o'clock rolls around, I'm officially on vacation (a vacation where I have to bring boatloads of homework and where I'll be stuck doing work for the better part of the time, but it will be wonderful none the less)!

No comments: