Tuesday, September 30, 2008

I'm Glad I Share a Room with Weird Al

My life is filled with comedy. Today was a slow day, but I'm feeling great, so I have to share something that happened last semester (which I may or may not have shared previously, but it's the funniest thing).

Often, my roommate and I will go to the showers at the same time, and have conversations. Interjection: sometimes I sneak into the bathroom while she's in the shower and play my mandolin for her and scare her. She appreciates it, and my mandolin sounds lovely with the sound bouncing off the tiles.

So last semester she and I were in the showers, two stalls apart, shooting the breeze. I realized that I forgot shaving cream, so I asked her to throw hers over. So she did, and it landed in the stall between us, which was occupied. The girl shrieked and said "umm.. why did you just launch shaving cream at me?" Al (my roommate) was so mortified, it was hilarious.

So I finished up in the shower and went back to the room, all warm and cozy. All of a sudden Al busts into the room and goes "If I smell like peanut butter, I'm sorry."

Completely serious. She just got back from an abnormally long shower and she warned me of her peanut butter odor.

Maybe it's one of those things where you had to be there, but I laugh just thinking about it.

Like the time my friend Ashley came back from a weekend, and she had hot pink nailpolish and she bought a dress (everyone thinks Ashley is a raging bull dyke who is deeply in denial) and my beloved roommate took one look at her nails and said "Ashley, did you grow a vagina over the weekend?" In complete seriousness.

The girl has no filter, which makes my life so much more interesting. It's like living with someone with tourettes, only hilarious instead of unfortunate.

We call her Weird Al because she and I have been known to stay up very late, taking songs and rewriting them to serve our purposes. Al is the master at rewriting songs, any of my creations pale in comparison to hers. She's very creative, and super perverted which is always good for a laugh.

I'm very glad she's my roommate, and equally glad that I can truly call her one of the best friends I've ever known.

No comments: