Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Sister Act

I was talking about the future with my friends at lunch today, and it occurred to me...

I've always wanted to be a Nun, but I've never been Catholic. I've always wanted to go to graduate school and eventually get my PhD. I want to teach at university.

Everyone knows all nuns are closet lesbians, and if the nuns walking around campus at my college are any testiment the validity of that fact... well let's just say it's accurate. (I go to a Catholic College founded and run by nuns.) I would totally fit right in.

And so it hit me: I should become a nun, have the Catholic Church PAY for the rest of my education (masters degree, PhD, etc. etc.), PAY for my living situation, and GET me a job! And then if I feel like it, I can stop being a nun after all that's taken care of. I like doing good deeds for the underserved, I love helping people, and I LOVE being in college. Being a sister would just be awesome, I don't know why I haven't thought it of before...

But I'm not Catholic. And I'm living in sin with another woman (and our two cats). This could get complicated.

If all else fails, I will just have to take our crazy amounts of loan and be in debt until I'm 200.

No comments: