Thursday, July 31, 2008

Tell Me More, Tell Me More

Summer could not possibly go by any slower. Don't get me wrong, I'm having a great time.
So far this summer I've been to the Cape twice, I've been to Disney World, I've turned 19, I've been to Vermont, I've visited my friends at school (just the other day actually), I saw the True Colors concert in Boston, and I've had some pretty fabulous times with the people I love.

I'd say it's been a successful summer.

I'm also going to see Celine Dion in Boston on August 13. I ADORE Celine.

I hate wishing my life away, but I cannot even wait for September 1, which is move in day at school.

I know I'll probably hate my life on September 2 when I have to be at class at 10:30 (and then I'm basically in class until 3:15, but last semester I had three classes in a row from 12 until 4:45 on Mondays and Wednesdays, so I think I can handle 10:30, then an hour break, then two classes in a row) but nothing compares to the freedom of college.

Nothing holding you back, no ties anywhere in particular. You visit your family and friends, and maybe you live there most of the time, but you're in college, nothing is forcing you to stay at home.

You can do whatever you want, whenever you want, and no one is going to tell you not to (unless it's illegal of course). I can wake up with another person in my bed and not worry that my mother is going to have a coniption. I can nurse a hangover for a day and not worry about getting caught.

I LIVE with my friends, I LEARN with my friends. I learn A LOT, not just what I find in the text books I paid $500 for, but also what I learn on a daily basis by interacting with new people and experiencing new things.

College is just such an amazing time, I wish everyone got the chance to experience it.

I can't wait to get back to life on September 1.

No comments: