Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Rabbit Rabbit

Happy first day of Joo lie!

In the second grade Mrs. Garger told us that the first thing you should say when you wake up on the first day of the month is "rabbit rabbit." That way you'll have a spectacular month. I try to have it be the first thing I say, or at least one of the first things I say. All in all the months have varied between abbhorent and fabulous between the ages of 7 and 19.

So I'm thinking about book ideas, about stuff to write about, and I think I'm on to something.

I think I'm going to write about a completely normal college student, perfectly harmless, well on her way to getting her degree, a steady job, and a pretty little family. And then suddenly strange things start happening on her campus. Things disappear, increasing in importance as the book progresses. And then people start to disappear. And then people turn up dead.

No one suspects the completely normal college student. And then she graduates, finds a steady job, starts to raise a pretty little family, and everything goes back to the way it was.

I'm still working out the kinks. Basically it's a murder mystery/psychological thriller.

I want to write something to wake people the hell up. There is something seriously wrong with the mental health of the young people in this world, particularly in this country. I'm only 19, I can't counsel people illegally and I don't know enough to do it effectively, but some day I want to help make things better for the mentally ill.

That's why I'm an English/psychology double major.

No comments: